I want to pose a question to you all.
You know there's a "mechanics" where it's not really a "mechanic" and more of a "situation" that develops in Impregnator Kings that was unexpected. Where Edward develops a mutual love and understand with another woman.
So far, it's happened with Tharja and Mania, and after deliberate votes.
But, of course, I've heard a lot that people want to 'romance' Beatrice. And that it has been a goal they hoped they could reach.
At the same time, I had to privately keep quiet, because I knew a much earlier decision had made Beatrice close her heart off to him. Meaning, she would never become a 'love' interest in the sense he had become with Tharja and Mania, but remain a character that shared a different dynamic with Edward.
And, I offered a 'rewind' for that eventually with Edward able to mend the wound and have a second chance.
But I'm wondering, should I do this for every significant female character?
I know there must be favorites more than not.
So far, the only time I really "warn" for choices is when I know a GAME OVER will result from them.
But would people also appreciate a "(this choice will close this character off from loving Edward)" notification?
I'm not sure if this would be good or bad. It might be just extraneous or superfluous or provoke bad will between people who like one character and others who hate her. Or bad will toward me that one choice seems very logical and in Edward's interests, but if chosen it will make their favorite character 'unattainable'.
And it might be revealing too much about the character before I've given in game hints about what the character is like and that Edward could perceive or anticipate.
So that's why I'm putting forth the question.
How much do people like the "love" mechanic, as it is, and would ideally want it to be open to most all girls? For the purpose of getting their favorite girl, or as many as they can?
Feel free to write an answer in your own words, or base it off one of the following:
1. I like that Edward fell in love with Tharja and Mania and am definitely hoping he'll attain mutual love with another woman.
2. Same as 1, but only Beatrice.
3. Same as 1, but with a favorite who isn't Beatrice so I'd rather such a mechanic be applied equally to everyone. (Or a favorite in addition to Beatrice.)
4. Regardless what I think, the idea is bad for anticipated reasons.
5. I don't really care about or think about the 'love' mechanic and would rather just take the story organically, except for the GAME OVERs, but I'll still vote if a "Does Edward love X" choice presents itself.